Nutrition Care Manual Outline
The NCM has been reorganized and is broken into five (5) distinct sections: (1) Nutrition Care, (2) Client Ed/Diets, (3) Calculators, (4) Formulary, and (5) Resources. Below you will find a description of each section and what information can be found within each section.
- Diet Manual: This section includes information for health care facilities regarding diet liberalization, diet manual implementation, regulations, ordering diets in a health care facility, disaster preparedness, patient-centered dining, planning a house/regular diet, planning for religious, cultural, or ethnic considerations, and guidance for post-acute care settings such as corrections, hospice, and home care. This section includes a complete therapeutic diet manual of diets within the NCM.
- Nutrition Care: This section includes information on conditions, normal nutrition, and older adult nutrition. Each condition topic covers risk screen and overview and background information, as well as the Nutrition Care Process specific to each disease/condition. This section also houses the reference lists for each topic. Abstract and/or full text links are provided for all possible reference citations.
- Client Ed/Diets: This section includes all nutrition therapies and menus available in the NCM. Handouts are created at a 6th- or 7th-grade reading level to be understandable for as many clients/patients as possible.
- Calculators: The calculators in this section are useful when performing a nutritional assessment or planning nutrition intervention. You can print any calculator results, and results can be saved for a maximum of 7 days.
- Formulary: This section contains nutritional information about various types of oral and tube feeding nutritional solutions, used with permission of the manufacturers. You can customize your subscription to highlight the nutritional solutions found in your facility.
- Resources: This section contains additional resources for your practice, including information about the Nutrition Care Process, how to order nutrition prescriptions, medical nutrition therapy, and more.