Fun Facts About Water
So you think you know everything about water and how it relates to your body and health? Check out these fun facts and start sipping water smarter!
Most people tend to drink more water in the hot summer months, but cold weather can dehydrate too. So, always keep that water bottle handy. Drink water before you get thirsty and keep dehydration at bay, because when your thirsty you are already dehydrated.
Facts About Water
- Blood is thicker than water, but not by much! 79% of blood IS water!
- More knowledge, less water — the elderly have proportionately less water in their bodies than the young, so staying well-watered is a big priority.
- Get into some extra-cellular activity — water is a nutrient for every cell in the body.
- Beat the heat — travel, hot weather, and exercise all increase the body’s need for water.
- Fun fact to chew on — our teeth contain 10% water!
- What do you THINK about this — 85% of the brain is water!
- Shock absorber — water helps to protect vital organs, such as the brain, spinal cord, and interior of the eyes.
- A little goes a long way — small sips throughout the day are a smart way to keep well watered.
- Hydration Alert! Did you know that kids lose proportionately more fluids through sweat than adults?
- Feel-good factor — studies show that a water loss amounting to a mere 2% of body weight can have an effect on a person’s physical endurance.
- Water has no fat, no calories, and no cholesterol!
Hydrate Your Body with the UltraWater Pitcher
This Alkaviva UltraWater Pitcher ionizes, alkalizes and mineralizes drinking water any where and at any time.
The pHD UltraWater Pitcher is a Green, Eco-friendly Water Pitcher Filter! No chemicals leaching into your water from harmful plastics. The water pitcher is made from safe, stable, BPA-free material (LDPE #4). The filter uses an absolute minimal amount of plastic and can be recycled.