Our favorite mojito recipe with white rum, fresh lime, and mint. I’ll share how to make mojitos for one as well as how to make them in a pitcher, perfect for serving a crowd. Jump to the Mojito Recipe or watch how we make them in the video below.
Watch Us Make Rum Mojitos
How to Make The Best Mojito
We absolutely love the simplicity of a classic mojito cocktail. Thanks to white rum, fresh mint, lime, and a little bit of sugar, mojitos taste fresh and light, making them perfect for warmer weather!
Mojitos are easy to make for one or for a crowd. For the best tasting cocktail, don’t skip the fresh mint and freshly squeezed lime, they’re essential on this one.
Making mojitos in three easy steps
- Add fresh lime juice, sugar, and fresh mint leaves to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle mint into the lime juice and sugar, releasing flavorful oils from the mint.
- Add rum, stir, and serve in a glass topped with a little club soda.
How to make mojitos for a crowd
To make mojitos in a pitcher, muddle mint into lime juice and sugar then stir in rum. If you plan on serving right away, add ice and top with club soda. If you are making the pitcher of mojitos in advance, wait to add the ice and club soda until you are ready to serve so it stays carbonated.
Which rum is best for Mojitos?
Traditionally, white rum is used to make mojitos. The rum you use doesn’t need to break the bank. A good quality, reasonably priced white rum will do the trick.
I love the classic mojito, but there are quite a few ways you can mix it up. Here are three of my favorites:
- Make strawberry mojitos by muddling sliced strawberries with the mint and lime juice. Or use a different fruit, we use blueberries to make blueberry mojitos, but peaches, blackberries, and raspberries would also be amazing.
- Make spicy mojitos by muddling slices of jalapeño or Serrano pepper with the mint and lime juice.
- Make ultra refreshing mojitos with cucumber. Just muddle a few slices into the mint and lime.
Recipe updated, originally posted September 2012. Since posting this in 2012, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear and added a quick recipe video. – Adam and Joanne