Acai Berry: What Can This Super Food Do for You?
Deep in the jungles of the Brazilian rainforests, the acai berry has been an integral part of the local diet for years. After careful study, scientists determined that these people were healthier, leaner, and looked years younger than their actual age. They did some digging to discover their secret, and soon discovered that the cornerstone of their ability to resist the aging process came from one simple, powerful source: the acai berry.
Since these little miracle berries exploded into the western world, all of the top health experts have been raving about them. The daytime TV talk shows can’t stop recommending them to their viewers. Hollywood celebrities have adopted them as an integral part of their beauty and fitness routines.
For more acai berry information, keep reading!
Acai Berry Benefits
Acai berries contain a potent mix of polyphenols and antioxidants. These are natural components of plants and herbs which help your body resist premature aging damage from environmental toxins. Some of these amazing acai berry benefits include:
- Enhanced Thermogenesis – giving your body’s internal thermostat a solid boost produces all sorts of health benefits, including fat loss, increased energy levels, and a better metabolism
- Detoxification – acai berry research found that not only do these fruits help eliminate toxins and waste from the GI tract, but they improve digestion too
- Anti-Aging – the antioxidants and polyphenols in Acai berries can enhance your body on a cellular level, improving the youthful appearance of your skin and helping your immune system fight disease!
- Cardiovascular Improvement – additional acai berry benefits include enhanced blood circulation and healthier heart function
- Cognitive Enhancement – a diet rich in acai berries improves sleep patterns, leading to more energy during the day and sharper mental focus
Clearly, the acai berry benefits from this super fruit can improve your overall health and wellness from head to toe.
Acai Berry Information
The acai berry is a dark purple fruit produced by the Euterpe oleracea palm tree. The plant is native to warm, tropical lands which receive a decent amount of sunlight throughout the year, such as the Caribbean Islands and the Brazilian rainforests.
Indigenous populations to these areas incorporate acai berries into many of their dishes. Some diets are so rich with this superfood that over 40% of recipes have it listed amongst the ingredients. Consequently, acai berry research shows that these people lead longer, healthier lives, have an overall decreased risk for obesity, and generally enjoy a higher quality of life.
Acai Berry Research
Speaking of the scientific proof associated with acai berry benefits, here are some interesting stats you should take a look at:
- Acai berries have been shown to contain more antioxidants than many common fruit juices (including apple, cranberry, and orange juice) and even tea!
- Acai berries contain significant quantities of resveratrol, the anti-aging and heart-healthy polyphenol common to red wine and grapes
- Acai berries are made up of amino acids, which are the building blocks of the proteins your body needs to stay healthy and operate at optimal levels
- Acai berries are naturally packed with large amounts of omega fatty acids, which are important for proper heart and brain function
There are many different ways you can harness acai berry benefits by working them into your daily routine. You can drink acai berry juices. You can purchase frozen acai pulp at the grocery store. You can even take acai berry supplements to get the most potent and concentrated dose of antioxidants, amino acids, and polyphenols that this “Beauty Berry” has to offer.
What are you waiting for? Try acai berries today!
Acai Berry Reviews
We reviewed the leading acai berry supplements. See which ones are chock full of health benefits and which are a waste of money